Wednesday 20 January 2010

Countdown.....

4 weeks to go until I get on a plane to and take that carefully planned leap of faith. It's been 6 months in the making... I have yet to hear any details about the school other than it's a Hagwon (private) English language school for children of elementary age...I've signed my contract and I hope for the best. I'm getting a little frustrated with the lack of organisation and information, but that's just me being my usual anxious self...although I really think I should at least be getting my working visa by now..(the school haven't sent me my visa number to take to the embassy yet..)

Currently just kicking back in Charlotte's flat in London...killing day time hours at the moment is a little weird/lonely. I'm so grateful to have kind friends/a sister who have put me up in the week and allowed me to carry on working at the Tate, in the last few weeks before I go. God knows my bank accounts needs an injection of cash...!!!

I'm mentally going over what I need to take when I go, (Marmite always springs to mind!) and the kinds of things I want to do when I go over there..like yoga, saunas, learning the language. I really want to submerge myself in it all. I've been chewing the ear of Young Kim, a Korean I work with from time to time at the Tate. She's been giving me the low down on life in Korea and it's only made me more excited!! I've got 3 books on Korea which I have poured over for some time, so hopefully I should avoid any social faux pas, like pouring my own drinks and blowing my nose in public!


Can't wait. Pretty scared. Fidgety!

No comments:

Post a Comment