Monday 22 February 2010

The Day Before D Day

Soooooo, I was expecting to fly today but the recruiter contacted me at the last minute to say my accommodation would not be ready. I finally booked my ticket this morning for my flight tomorrow night at 8pm from Heathrow. Nice and last minute.

Flying with Emirates via Dubai, I have a 21 hour stop over, so I've decided I'm going to get a hotel room when I arrive. I plan to take in some of the sights (are there any?). Maybe I'll visit that hotel that looks like the sail of a ship or the tallest building in the world, or I'll just stay in my room and sleep (avoid harassment). Last time I was in the UAE I was 14, with my parents and felt very uncomfortable being ogled by the local men. Maybe it's different now, what with it being a popular destination amongst WAGS, chavs etc... ha, I'm such a snob!

I keep on thinking I should be preparing lesson plans, but I have absolutely no idea of the children's competency and what exactly I will be teaching (i believe it's going to vary from English to Art.. but again, I haven't been told anything). It's pretty pointless to second guess, especially when I could be watching Cash In The Attic or Loose Women.

Although I sound pissed off (and I am a bit) I can't wait to go! I'm just bored of waiting now...Well, The Alan Titchmarsh Show is on. Better go.

No comments:

Post a Comment